Agency Service Provider Funding
Each year Niles Township Government awards grants to various social service agencies in need of funding to supplement their programs that benefit our community.
TOWNSHIP MANDATE AND MISSION
Beyond the three mandated services, Township Government provides other vital services to the people next door. This may include senior citizens programs, youth programs, assistance to the disabled, parks and recreational facilities, health services and cemetery maintenance.
To be eligible for funding an agency must:
- Be a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization in operation for a minimum of one fiscal year
- Provide direct services to Niles Township residents
- Have appropriate non-profit infrastructure in place that ensures accountability and performance to its clients and funders
- Meet one or more of Niles Township’s identified funding priorities including:
- Developmental Disabilities
- Domestic Violence
- Economically Challenged Families
- Mental Health
- Substance Abuse
- Any applications received past the deadline will be automatically disqualified. No exceptions will be made.
- Due to the limited availability of funds, there is no guarantee that future requests will be approved.
Agency Service Provider Funding Hearings
2023 to 2024 Agency Funding Hearings are tentatively set to begin the first week of May. Funding decisions are typically made at the last board meeting in May 2023. All agencies applying for funding have ten minutes to present their case before the Niles Township Board.
The 2023 to 2024 Grant Cycle will begin on January 20, 2023.
Traditionally, our Grant Cycle runs from January, when applications are sent electronically to established agencies, through the submission deadline which is March 24th 2023.
Apply by completing our Funding Application.
Current Service Providers (2022-2023)
To see the current service providers for the Niles Township Government, click here.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org