UPDATE FROM CLERK CHARLES LEVY
Mr. Levy is also the Township FOIA and OMA Officer
The Niles Township Clerk''s office offers:
* Passport acceptance agent
(As of July 13, 2010, passport fees have increased to $110 for adults and $80 for children under the age of 16. The processing fee remains the same at $25 per application)
* Temporary handicap placards
* Voter registration
* Marriage license applications, birth and death certificate
* State of Illinois maps
* Freedom of Information forms for the township
* Notary public service
Passport Acceptance Agent
Evening passport hours available by appointment only.
We will be happy to try and accommodate your schedule.
Children under 16 years old must be accompanied by both parents or one parent with a signed affidavit from the parent who cannot be present.
Daily passport hours 9:00am- 4:30pm at the Niles Township Offices 5255 Main St.
Skokie, IL 60077
First time applicants must submit the following: U.S certified birth certificate or (immigrantion, naturalization) citizenship papers, current picture identification (proof of identity such as a driver's license or state ID), one passport quality photo and applicable fees (one check or money order to the U.S. Department of State and one check or money order to Niles Township Government.) The process is taking 5 to 6 weeks. An expedited passport is taking approximately 2-3 weeks. For expediency's sake, you can fill out and print form DS-11 for first time applicants or DS-82 for a renewal if your passport is less than 5 years expired by going to www.travel.state.gov. For further information or to make an appointment, call Kitty Kendrick in Clerk Levy's office at (847) 673-9300.
Handicap Placard Program
Temporary handicapped placards are available at the Clerk''s office upon proper completion of the application and your physicians input. Temporary placards are valid for three months. You may renew for an additional three months upon application.
Permanent placards are available only from:
Secretary of State Non-Standard Plates Section
Dept. of Vehicle Services
501 S. Second St.
Springfield, IL 62756
800/252-8980 or 217/782-2708
The application form for permanent placards is available in the township Clerk''s office.
Upcoming Elections for 2013:
- February 28, 2013: First day of any registered voter within the confines of the U.S. to make application by mail or in person to the E/A for an official ballot. (40 days prior to primary)
- March 12, 2013: Last day for registration or transfer of registration within the office of the election authority. Registration closes 27 days preceding an election.
- March 13, 2013: First day for grace period registration and grace period voting in the office of the election authority or at a location designated for this purpose by the election authority. Grace period voting may be done by mail at the discretion of the election authority. (begins at the close of registration and continues until the 7th day prior to the election)
- March 25, 2013: First day for early voting at the office of the election authority or at a location designated by the election authority for this purpose. (begins 22nd day preceding election and extends through the 5th day prior to an election)
- April 6, 2013: Last day for grace period registration and grace period voting in the office of the election authority. Grace period voting may be done by mail at the discretion of the election authority. (7th day prior to election)
- April 6, 2013: Last day for early voting at the office of the election authority or at a location designated by the election authority. (5th day prior to the election)
Early Voting this election is conducted at Skokie Village Hall, Niles Village Hall and the Skokie Courthouse building. The dates will be posted as soon as they are available. Please remember to bring a valid ID.
Absentee Voting forms can be obtained by clicking on the voterinfonet website listed above or coming into the Niles Township Clerk's office.
Call the Clerk''s office at 847/673-9300, ext. 217 if you have any questions.